Strategist News - Your Source for Best Business and Strategy News Join us today! Have 30 Seconds? Give Us Feedback!

  • All
  • Business
  • Economy
  • Markets
  • Politics
  • World
  • Investing
  • Life & Style
  • Careers
  • Offbeat
  • Most Popular News

     

    28
    Over the last twelve years, hedge fund managers took home 84% of the returns they generated, leaving only 16% for the clients. read more »
    17
    J. Grundfest and N. Malenko discovered that when companies want to appear more successful than they are, they simply massage their per-share earnings numbers upward by a tenth of one cent. read more »
    13
    In his new book, "The Quants," Scott Patterson suggests that a new breed of mathematicians and computer scientists took over the financial system and describes how they triggered the 2007-09 meltdown. read more »
    14
    When Dubai announced that it was seeking to reschedule some $26B of debt, global markets went nuts. Yet lost in all the drama is that Dubai is still an important economic experiment and critical to the Middle East. read more »
    16
    WSJ explores the credit boom and bust in this well researched and written article. read more »
    35
    Did you know that the most expensive zip code in the US was in New Jersey of all places? Alpine, N.J. (07620) tops the list with a median asking price of $4 million, followed by Atherton, CA and West Village in Manhatta read more »
    15
    A nationwide survey of 1,556 real-estate agents in June revealed the key themes of what is going on in the housing market. read more »
    28
    The Vangelakos family's new condo has marble floors, a large pool overlooking a river and modern furnishings that speak of affluence and luxury. What they don't have in the 32-story building is a single neighbor. read more »
    19
    Take a deep breath and exhale. The worst is over. By every measure, the housing market has stabilized and many areas are recovering. Home resales in June are up 9 percent from January, on a seasonally adjusted basis. read more »
    15
    "There were several times that I met with the SEC and thought 'they got me,'" Madoff said. The SEC is now conducting an investigation of how they missed the fraud, drawing intense criticism. read more »
    14
    It is the hot new thing on Wall Street, a way to peek at investors’ orders and, critics say, even manipulate share prices. It is called "high-frequency trading". read more »
    14
    Sales of existing homes rose for the 3rd month in a row in June - which hasn't happened since early 2004. Stocks jumped on the news, with the Dow Jones rising above 9,000 for the first time since early January. read more »
    35
    Internet traffic is continuing its blistering speed of growth: 50% per year. However, it is not just an American phenomenon anymore: China has taken the lead from the US as the largest internet audience. read more »
    13
    This is a nice interactive chart that breaks the change in national retail sales down by month and by company. read more »
    18
    This is funny, because it's real. read more »

    

     

    Copyright © 2009 Strategist News. All rights reserved. Thanks to SocialWebCMS for the software.